Like PicFrame and Diptic, Layout lets you have fun with your photos using grid and frame layouts. It has built-in filters and effects as well as adjustments for contrast and saturation. What’s more, it lets you add stickers and captions to your layouts before you share them with your friends.
Thanks to its latest update, Layout has now also gained universal support.
Launched last July as an app compatible with the iPad and the third-generation iPad only, Layout now also works for iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, and iPhone 5. Of course, it is duly optimized for the latter device’s new four-inch Retina display.
Other features included in the update are:
- Fixed crash when opening an image
- Updated for the new iOS 6 Privacy settings
- Added multiple project sizes for higher resolution output – iPhone 4/iPad 2: 2,592 x 2,592 = 6.7MP, iPhone 4S/5 and third-generation iPad: 3,264 x 3,264 = 10.7MP
- Added control for corner radius size
- Added drop shadow support
- Added share to Dropbox
- Added share to clipboard
- Added ability to share with other apps
- Added information to clarify that Location Services approval is not required
- Now downloads largest available Facebook photo
- Added in-app news support
- Performance improvements and bug fixes